Monday, March 21, 2011

The one where we don't let the youngest pray

The Caboose loves to pray.
Every night, at dinner, when the question is asked:
"Who wants to say the prayer?",
she raises her hand as though she's in school,
"Pick Me!"
"I do! I do!"

Seriously, love this yahoo.

Last week was no different.
we sat for dinner
and she volunteered to say the prayer:
"Heavenly Father,
we thank thee for this day..."--she began.
Towards the end however,
she got our attention when she asked:
"And please don't let Nana leave home."

After the prayer,
I said, "Why would you say sucha thing?"
The Caboose: "Cuz I don't want her to go! She's like a sister to me!"

We laughed--hoho hahaha--
for many days since,
as the Caboose has continued to keep that plea in her prayers.

Until yesterday,
it was kinda cute,
but ya know what?
Nana has hit some financial snags with her trip.

So last night,
at the dinner table,
Nana: "Don't let Ari say the prayer."

P.S. I'm Over at Mormon Mommy Blogs today, talking about my underwear!

7 comments:

  1. Faith of a child :)

    I think there must be some alogrithmic function for how many prayers you have to say to counter the prayers others pray for the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. Hope Nana gets the financial glitch cleared up.

    And Ari? I guess she gets a lesson on the power of prayer...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious. Gotta be careful with the kid prayers- everyone knows they're the most powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, so wonderful that she loves her sister so much. She is too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to stop by and let you know how much I enjoyed your post on mormon mommy blogs.
    I grew up in Utah, and honestly, shopping on Sunday wasn't much of an option at all. Things have changed.
    Sadly so.
    Have a happy first day of Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I love it! And Charlotte is right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was an awesome post. It put a smile on my face. Children are so precious. I can tell I will enjoy our blog so I will drop by again.
    Check my blog out sometime @ Living Waters
    http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!