Saturday, May 14, 2011

6:36 AM

Boofus creeped into our room this morning,
wrapped both arms around his sleeping daddy's shoulders,
laid his head on the large pillow
and says,
"I'm barely on the edge."

We scooted over to make room,
half-awake, half- asleep.

"I had some weird dreams last night.
I dreamed about fried chicken."

Mr W and I crack up in laughter--
eyes still closed.

"N' I dreamed about a big organizer.
N' it was for jerky.  Turkey jerky, jalopeno jerky,
teriyaki jerky, beef jerky, buffalo jerky..."

Dad: "Did ya go to bed hungry, Boof?"

Boofus: "Yeah."

Me: "I am so blogging this."

I love waking up laughing.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Momza~
    aaaaah!
    the joys of parenting..
    out of the mouths of babes..
    how I miss those Saturday mornings,,
    snuggling with my little one..
    laughing..
    drinking the essence of my baby child..
    enjoy as long as possible..
    cherish the memories!!
    warmest sandy hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the sweet memories. You will remember that forever. I too miss those times. Good news for me is my fourth child comes home today for two weeks! Can't wait for that. Only 4 more hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!! That's funny.

    I love how you organize your posts like poetry. It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those snuggly moments!
    Sounds like a party on a Saturday morning.

    Totally made me laugh. He should be fed tonight before bed. Hopefully he'll sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kids snuggling in the bed. The funny dream story is just a bonus.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!