Friday, October 28, 2011

Small Halloween Confession

Just how bad a mother does it make me
that I tried to bribe my yahoos
with a bucket full of candy?

Last night was the the Trunk R' Treat at church.
I had worked all day
and it was BRRRR-freakin' cold outside--
like 28o-freakin' cold--
so when I came home
alls I really wanted to do
was eat dinner (it was a delicious chicken cordon bleu by Jen)
crawl out of my work clothes
and into my fleecy pj's,
grab the remote and a cup of hot cocoa
and
zone.out.

But I knew it would take some creativity  a full-on bribe,
to get the yahoos on board with my warm n' lazy idea:
SO
I offered up the whole huge bucket (it's actually a black plastic witches' cauldron)
that we'd filled with halloween candy for the Trunk R' Treat--
I offered it all up,
to be divided equally among the 3 yahoos
IF
we could just skip out on Trunk R Treat this year.
Hey,
I've been going to Trunk R' Treats for well over two decades.
And And And
our ward doesn't even do the Chili Cook-Off!

They did not accept my bribe
no way, no how.

It was worth a shot, right?





7 comments:

  1. Yep, the trunk or treat is more than just the candy...

    ;)

    PS. Even without the chili!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's *always* worth a shot! :-)

    Tell me though, did the church event warm your heart even as your bones froze?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I was worth a try.
    They don't do a chili cook-off???
    That's a travesty.

    Well, I hope that once this Halloween schtuff over with you can break out the hot cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No chili?! Oh my! I am not really a chili fan, but I do always enjoy the chili cook off.

    In contrast to your weather, our trunk or treat was last week--due to the building being scheduled this week--and it was 95 degrees!! You think mother nature could just be moderate in temps. A nice 65 for a trunk or treat would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How bad does it make my husband sound that he charges "Daddy tax" on all incoming goodies???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should I say, better luck next year?! Start early, planning your bribe. LOL

    Sorry, your temps are already in the 20's...brbrrrr! I was freezing the other evening and it was 42. ;)

    Been thinking about you!!

    Blessings & hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!