Tuesday, November 8, 2011

More To Say

Mr W and I just celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.
Last week, when we realized the big day was approaching
neither of us could remember how many years it's been...
we both laughed and agreed that it felt more like dog years
as we've gone through so much together...
and instantly lamented that it took us much too long to find
one another.
That's when you know you've made the right choice--
when it feels like forever and yet
simultaneously feels too short.
I love my husband.

We aren't big celebrators of anniversaries--
we decided to go see a movie without the yahoos
because the Caboose demanded us to--
"GO! BE TOGETHER!"
So, we decided to go see "Moneyball"--
I am not a fan of Brad Pitt,
but I love a good baseball movie
so we chose that one.

Mr W opened my car door for me--
which he doesn't normally,
nor do I expect him to when we're just
being "parents"
runnin' around n' such.
But since it was a date,
his chivalry made me giddy.
We held hands in the movie theater
and that's all I need.

The movie was so good.
I am anxious for it to be released on DVD.
There's one part in the movie
that really stuck with me--
it's about hitting homeruns when you don't know it--
we always sell ourselves short.
We need to be better about acknowledging our strengths
and celebrating them along the way.

***

My Nana is coming home this week
after being in Provo since late last March.
It's time.
She needs a place to recuperate and regroup--
home is a good place to do that.


***

I have a series planned on Strengthening Children
that will be ready to run next week.
What with Dean and the Accident,
it set me back a bit,
but it'll be ready next week
and I'm really looking forward to my BIL's experience.

***

My dad called me the other day--
his dementia is worse
but he said something I hope I always remember:
"I love you, girl. You're my firstborn. My heart fell in love with you."

***







8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling well enough after your accident to enjoy a night out on the town!

    And what sweet words from your dad...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you have had quite a week and a half! sorry for the accident.. fun anniversary.. FUN that you get Nana back.. sorry for dean/drama... so happy you share your life with us! (and your insights)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed your accident post. Thanks for that reminder, and I'm making my Ben read that one. Glad you're better, and I think we need to see that movie for our date night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you warm my heart. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh.......Happy Anniversary you lovebirds!
    It's great that you had some time alone. Good for you.

    So sorry about the previous post experience. It does NOT sound like a great day at all. So scary.

    Being an ER nurse I can't tell you the number of times that I've taken care of teens who were doing just that. It is potentially so heartbreaking.

    Hugs my friend. I hope you big ball of aches and pains is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary - I can tell from the way you talk about your husband that you two are truly and madly and deeply in love! It doesn't have to be something big - I think it's the little things.

    I also am teary over what your dad said to you - that is so beautiful. What a sweet man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what your dad said to you. I love that time flies for you and I love your attitude. I too took awhile to find my own "happily ever after" And it was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray! 13 years . . . I know what you mean, sometimes it seems like yesterday, other times you feel like you've had a lifetime of experiences together. Here's to the next 13 happy years!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!