Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Peek into Sister Johnson's Mission

As I was just sharing with Jen at Denton Sanitorium,
our Sister Missionary has less than a year to go!

I was excited to get our 2013 calendar so I could mark
her countdown on it!

She's doing great, actually.
Her health has returned and though she is freezin' her bum off
in Rochester, New York
thanks to the lake effect snow storms,
she loves what she's doing and who she is serving!

She has a FB page for her mission,
which is so neat because we get to see new pics
all the time of her happy shiny face!

Here's a few new ones:

                 Here's one of Diana and her companion, Sister Green after a service opportunity last fall.

 At at little "tea" party.

  All of those leaves prior to bagging.

 I think this was her "District" of missionaries last Fall.

 She got to run in a marathon on Thanksgiving!

In front of the Palmyra Temple with other sister missionaries.

 Sister Johnson with her current companion, Sister Klepinger. (From Mesa, AZ.)


 Another one from the Turkey Trot.

 Her first day in the New York Rochester Mission...with all of the other new missionaries and her Mission President Christianson and Sister Christianson,at the Sacred Grove.

All of the missionaries currently serving in the Palmyra Visitor's Center.


It brings my motherheart great joy to see pictures of her journey as a missionary,
especially when we don't get to talk to her on the phone again until Mother's Day!
I love her Monday emails and her letters home.
I cannot think of a better experience for my children than to go out into the world
and serve others with their hands and hearts.
Each of my children who have so served, have returned more mature, compassionate,
service-oriented and loving people.

3 comments:

  1. I just posted a comment and I think it got deleted before it posted.

    So excited for your daughter to get to see the Sacred Grove so often and bear testimony in the heart of the restoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some of your sweet girls experiences. It makes a mothers love and admiration explode to see such selfless serice. I hate to wish away time but I certainly hope mother's day gets here quickly. Loved those phone calls.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!