Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer's On

This is what I've been doing:
Playing with Pretty Things at my now-nearly-everday-job at Shades of Amber. We just recently opened a new place in Castle Rock at The Emporium, too.

Staging a House for Sale:
 This is actually an empty house. it had been on the market for a month already before we got the call to stage it. So we just add a few accessories and textiles to enhance the great features of the house--like the entrance shelf above, the mantel below, the kitchen, and all the bathrooms in the house:

The realtor emailed and said he was pretty sure they've already got a contract on the house, two days after we staged it.  *If you are getting ready to sell a home, or if it's been on the market and not seeing much traffic or offers, do your Self a favor, hire a stager!  You've got better things to do than wait on a house to sell, right?? It's Summer!!

 And I attended a birth, too, which I wrote about in Sunrise Birth Story:


On top of those things,
I've been attending to issues with my special needs son, Dean.
Issues I am not ready to share, frankly.
Just kinda raw right now.

The kids are out of school--
Joseph's been attending an Engineering Summer Camp this week.
He is amazing at detail work and Mr. Wonderful says he'd hire him
if he were older than thirteen!
The Caboose is getting ready for Girls Camp at the end of this month--
it'll be her first time away from us,
altho the neat thing is that Dara is going as a Youth Camp Leader
so that's comforting.
We're also looking for an Adventure for Dara
as she doesn't start BYU-I until January.
In prep for that,
I have been teaching her how to drive a car.
The first time out,
I took her over to a high school parking lot
where she ran the same stop sign three times.
Um.
We need alot more practice, yeah?
Right now,
she has an opportunity to go to Juneau, Alaska
and work/play there.
This Momza Hen is ready to boot her lil chickadee
out of the nest,
but the chickadee isn't sure she's ready to fly.

And I guess that's it.
We're busy, we're going and doing and being.

4 comments:

  1. Here's a quick hug and prayer that everything works out with your Dean. Love this update, especially the baby pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping all is well with Dean. Sending prayers.

    Enjoyed reading all of your news!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Dean is well. I hope you are too.

    If Dara is coming to BYUI in January....leave the car home. Seriously. People here are nuts....uh, not the natives....the transplants.

    The staging is beautiful. I need a stager. Nothing on my walls. Really. Nothing. I keep saying I'm gonna paint, then life got extremely crazy.
    So there is still nothing on the wall.

    *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jen: the hug you sent my way, helped me more than I can say. Thank you.
    @Sue:Prayers are much appreciated. Thanks so much.
    @Tauna: Thanks for your kind thoughts and advice about cars and college...as for your walls...when I am headed to Rexburg this year, I am going to stop by and give you my two cents!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!