Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Golden Child is on his way!

Last night around 8PM:

Heading up to Golden!
Prayers much-appreciated
for a safe and healthy birth!

~Dawn


Then Dani called and said the contractions
she'd been having all day
were irregular
so she was going to go lay down
and see if they just went away.

She'd call back if they didn't.

I had just showered
and put on scrubs
tied my shoes
and was ready to walk out the door
before that call.

Hmmm
okay I thought,
I'll go rest a bit too--
she'll probably call around 11PM
and then I'll head up there.

I lay down
in my bed
in my scrubs
in my socks
with my head carefully
touching the pillow
so my hair didn't get messy.

Then I woke up
at 3:00 AM
and wondered why the
heck was I still at home?

Rest wouldn't return easily
so I puttered around on the
www
for awhile,
looking at BlackFriday.com
for some deals
until Mr W
talked me back into bed
and off to dreamland
I went again.

I dreamed I missed the birth.
Yikes!

Finally, I just got up
around 6:45am
came down to the kitchen
and started breakfast
turkey dressing
and the rest of the fixings.

We had dinner
uninterrupted...
we did the customary round table
discussion
of what we're thankful for--
Joseph says, "Pumpkin Pie."
Dean says," To be here with my family."
I love him.


It's 8:23PM
and still no baby.
She was 4cm dilated yesterday
morning
before the midwife swept her membranes,
and she's had ctx all day,
but if she went to the hospital
they'd just hook her up to pitocin
and then follow that with
an epidural
and on and on
like dominos
one medical intervention after another.

No, she says,
we'll wait until the Golden child
is ready....

So here we are,
her ctx are on again tonight
but still irregular...
I'll keep you posted.
On the plus side,
if I'm still here
in the morning
there are some killer deals
for Black Friday
that I would love to chase!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this baby is going to be born on Thanksgiving. How perfect is that?!

    Prayers in progress. Have a wonderful time!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh-here's hoping your Golden baby is here by now and you are a Grandma!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!